Collecting a Money Judgment In New Jersey

If money is owed you because you have been awarded a judgment in the Special Civil Part, you are a judgment creditor. You should contact the person who owes you the money (the judgment debtor) to discuss payment. Payments sometimes are made on the day of the court hearing or over time. If you do not receive the money that is owed you, there are several ways the court can help you collect it.

Although the court will try to help you collect the money owed to you, it cannot guarantee your debt will be paid. The forms for the different methods of collection outlined in this brochure are available in any New Jersey Special Civil Part Office. A complaint packet and an answer packet for self-represented litigants, with accompanying instructions, is available in any New Jersey Special Civil Part Office and is available at

This entry was posted in Money Judgement on by .


The information contained herein has been prepared in compliance with Section 107 of the Copyright Act. Fair use is a legal doctrine that promotes freedom of expression by permitting the unlicensed use of copyright-protected works. The articles/Images contained herein serve as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, educational, and research-as examples of activities that qualify as fair use. Undisputed Legal Inc. is a Process Service Agency and “Not A Law Firm” therefore the articles/images contained herein are for educational purposes only, and not intended as legal advice.