Find Something Wrong on Your Credit Report?

By: Undisputed Legal/Court Service Department

Under the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have the right to dispute wrong

 information on your credit report.  Follow this checklist:

  • Write to the credit reporting agency.  Include your name, address, date or birth, and 

Social Security Number So the agency can identify you.

  • Identify the specific debt you are disputing, explain in detail why the information 

Is wrong, and request that the debt be changed or removed.  Include copies of any 

Documentation  that supports your position

This entry was posted in Law and tagged , on by .


The information contained herein has been prepared in compliance with Section 107 of the Copyright Act. Fair use is a legal doctrine that promotes freedom of expression by permitting the unlicensed use of copyright-protected works. The articles/Images contained herein serve as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, educational, and research-as examples of activities that qualify as fair use. Undisputed Legal Inc. is a Process Service Agency and “Not A Law Firm” therefore the articles/images contained herein are for educational purposes only, and not intended as legal advice.