By: Undisputed Legal/Court Service Department
False Claims and Harassment Are Illegal
A debt collection agency may not make false statements, including
- Claim that it represents a government agency, such as a marshal, sheriff, or District Attorney Office
- Threaten, that you will be arrested
- Threaten that it will report you to immigration authorities
- Claim that you have committed a crime
- Threaten that it will have you evicted take or garnish your wages, take the money from your bank account, or take your personal belonging without first obtaining a judgement against you in court.