Posts tagged with "Enforce Money judgement"

Collecting a Money Judgment In New Jersey

If money is owed you because you have been awarded a judgment in the Special Civil Part, you are a judgment creditor. You should contact the person who owes you the money (the judgment debtor) to discuss payment. Payments sometimes are made on the day of the court hearing or over time. If you do not receive the money that is owed you, there are several ways the court can help you collect it.

Although the court will try to help you collect the money owed to you, it cannot guarantee your debt will be paid. The forms for the different methods of collection outlined in this brochure are available in any New Jersey Special Civil Part Office. A complaint packet and an answer packet for self-represented litigants, with accompanying instructions, is available in any New Jersey Special Civil Part Office and is available at