Boeing is an American multinational company that produces aircraft, helicopters, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and missiles, all over the globe. Additionally, the business offers both leasing and product support services. Boeing is one of the world’s biggest aircraft manufacturers, as well as the second-largest military contractor in the world, and the top U.S. exporter in terms of revenue.
Boeing was established by Seattle-based industrialist William Boeing on July 15, 1916.
[1.0] A HISTORICAL OVERVIEW OF BOEING COMPANY
Boeing was established in 1916 by William E. Boeing and Conrad Westervelt after the two men built a single-engine, two-seat aircraft called the B&W. The business was renamed the Boeing Airplane Company in 1917 and produced flying boats for the Navy during World War I. This company also made trainer aircraft, chase planes, observation planes, torpedo planes, and patrol bombers for the United States military during this time.
Somewhere in the 1920s, Boeing Airplane began offering passenger air services in addition to the airmail services they had been offering up until that point. Soon afterward, they established Boeing Airplane & Transport Corporation to encompass the manufacturing and airline activities as a whole. A few months after the rebranding, the firm was renamed United Aircraft and Transport Corporation. In 1931, United Airlines was created when it merged four smaller airlines under its control.
The newly formed Boeing Airplane Company emerged from the collapse of United Aircraft and Transport as one of the three businesses that emerged in 1934. In 1953, United Aircraft Corporation (now United Technologies Corporation) and United Airlines merged to become United Aircraft Corporation (UAL).
[1.1] RECENT HISTORY OF THE BOEING COMPANY
The merger of Boeing and McDonnell Douglas, which took place on August 1, 1997, resulted in the current company. The Boeing Company’s corporate headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. In addition, Boeing chairman and CEO Philip M. Condit became chairman and CEO of the merged firm, while previous McDonnell Douglas CEO Harry Stonecipher took on the additional title of president and COO.
The Boeing Company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois under the Business Corporation Act of 1983. As an American international company that produces aircraft, helicopters, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and weapons, the Boeing Company is subject to a great deal of scrutiny and must adhere to guidelines of corporate governance.
[2.0] HOW DOES THE BOEING COMPANY WORK
Boeing is split into four divisions: [A.] Commercial Airplanes (BCA);[B.] Defence, Space & Security (BDS); [C.] Global Services; and [D.] Capital. By the end of 2019, Boeing’s reputation in the commercial and financial sectors had taken a massive hit because of the 737 MAX accidents that grounded the plane globally.
[3.0] MAJOR ENTITIES OF THE BOEING COMPANY
- THE BOEING COMPANY.
The Boeing Company is a corporation organized and existing under the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware, where the original Certificate of Incorporation was filed with the Secretary of State of Delaware on July 19, 1934. The nature of the business remains within guidelines necessary to engage in any activity for which corporations are to organized under the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware and can be identified for the purposes of Process Service according to the Articles of Incorporation of the entity. However, the name under which it was originally incorporated is Boeing Airplane Company.
The registered office or place of business for Process Service for the Boeing Company is in the State of Delaware. The registered agent is the Corporation Service Company, which was established in 1899, which maintains its home office in Wilmington, Delaware, with other locations across the world.
- COMMERCIAL AIRPLANES SEGMENT
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Segment specializes in commercial jet aircraft development, production, and distribution and offers fleet support services, mainly to the commercial airline industry throughout the globe. The entity remains a major aircraft manufacturer and provides a series of commercial jetliners that serve the diverse needs of airlines across the world. Boeing Commercial Airplane Group designs manufacture and assembles aircraft. The Company operates in the State of Washington and consequently is regulated by Washington’s Process Service requirements, although it had originally been incorporated in Delaware.
A Corporation registered in Delaware may do business in any state, although the Process Service conditions would be governed in accordance with the Delaware jurisdiction. Around the turn of the century, Delaware started to alter its rules to attract companies away from places like New York.
- BOEING COMMERCIAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION COMPANY
Being incorporated in Delaware on 9th December 1997, Boeing Commercial Information And Communication Company do not come under the jurisdiction of Chicago, although Boeing’s principal corporate headquarters remains there for the purposes of Process Service. Like, most of the other Boeing subsidiaries, the registered agent for Process Service is a Corporation Service Company. A private corporation may be served either by leaving a copy of the Process Service with said registered agent or by being notified by publication and mail similar to Process Service levied upon individuals.
For the purposes of Process Service, the corporation is considered a foreign corporation under Illinois jurisdiction.
- AEROINFO SYSTEMS
Aeroinfo Systems is a division of Boeing that develops software solutions that enable clients to automate and improve the routine maintenance procedures they have established. Aeroinfo systems, as a subsidiary of Boeing, requires Process Service to be levied upon their specific department rather than that of the parent company.
Boeing Company announced that it purchased AeroInfo Systems Inc., a Canadian company that provides software solutions for the aviation sector that enables improved maintenance scheduling. mainstream is the main software suite of the Aerotek airframe management system, and it provides capacity planning, the consolidation of maintenance program operations, job card creation, fleet checks that occur on a regular schedule, maintenance event publishing, and management of aircraft and their users.
It is important to remember that Boeing Aeroinfo Systems is currently under Boeing Commercial Aviation Services for purposes of Process Service.
- Jeppesen (sometimes known as Jeppesen Sanderson) is an American business that offers navigational information, flight planning tools, and goods and software for operations planning. Jeppesen has its headquarters in Inverness, Colorado wherein Process Service is levied.
In 2000, Jeppesen was acquired by The Boeing Company. Boeing bought Jeppesen from the Tribune Company, which had acquired Times-Mirror and was selling off its non-core assets. Interestingly, many pilots nickname Jeppesen’s aeronautical navigation charts ‘Jepp charts’ or ‘Jepps,’ because of their widespread use.
- BOEING SATELLITE SYSTEMS INC
Boeing Satellite Systems, Inc. manufactures geostationary communications satellites. The Company offers spacecraft for communications and space exploration, as well as weather satellites. Boeing Satellite Systems, Inc was established on 10th April 1995. This segment’s products include space and missile systems including government and commercial satellites, NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS), the International Space Station, Commercial Crew, missile defense and weapons programs, and Joint Direct Attack Munition, as well as the United Launch Alliance joint venture.
The principal office for purposes of Process Service is located in California.
- DEFENSE, SPACE & SECURITY SEGMENT
Boeing Defence was incorporated in 1939 eighty-two years ago and was renamed in 2002 from its original name of Boeing Integrated Defence system, although it still does business under this name for purposes of Process Service. Boeing Defence has its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia -determining the rules of Process Service governing it- with the parent company being the Boeing Company. This segment engages in the research, development, production, and modification of manned Commercial derivative aircraft, including anti-submarine and tanker aircraft. It conducts advanced research on key military equipment and supplies, such as missile defense systems, along with ongoing research, development, production, and modification of strategic missile and defense systems, as well as tactical military systems and supplies, such as radios, computers, reconnaissance, and surveillance technology.
The Department of Defence (DoD) is Boeing Defence’s main client. In fact, over half of Boeing’s business comes from the U.S. Department of Defence, including sales of foreign military equipment. Other major BDS clients include customers in the global military, civil, and commercial satellite sectors, as well as NASA. Fixed-wing military aircraft that are the main products in this category include:
Boeing Aerospace is a subsidiary of Boeing Defence, having been incorporated on 2nd October 1980 under Delaware jurisdiction as a domestic corporation. The company, like most Boeing entities, retains Corporation Service Company as its registered agent for Process Service regulations.
- GLOBAL SERVICES SEGMENT
Boeing’s commercial and defense clients benefit from their services across the world. Boeing Global Services is responsible for the provision of comprehensive goods and services to maintain aircraft platforms and systems, including supply, and logistics. The BGS portfolio includes maintenance, maintenance, upgrade, conversion, and pilot training, documentation, data analytics, and digital services.
Boeing Global’s portfolio includes assets in the form of operational leases, sales-type/finance leases, notes, and other receivables, as well as other financial instruments held for sale or re-lease. intellectual property. Boeing also holds patents and other rights related to the goods and the manufacturing process that it has furthered. It must be remembered that Boeing Global Services, while being a Delaware corporation for purposes of Process Service, still retains subsidiaries within its ambit. Each of these subsidiaries has to be served individually in case they receive Process Service and legal papers and must be addressed carefully.
The Company licenses and sells intellectual property to other parties. U.S. government contracts include licensing arrangements that include government-defined licenses for innovations covered by the contracts. The overseeing government may also delegate the use of these inventions, with the requisite caveat of utilizing them to fulfill the government’s missions. The company also benefits from non-patented research, development, and engineering capabilities and many trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights. Boeing Global Services has been an integral component in the manufacture, and support of fighter aircraft, bombers, transports, helicopters, and missiles.
- Boeing Capital is a subsidiary business of The Boeing Company, which provides asset-based leasing and financing services. Boeing Capital has two divisions: [A.] Aircraft Financial Services and [B.] Space & Defence Financial Services. The company functions as a support organization for Boeing’s major business sectors.
A successor company of McDonnell Douglas, Boeing Capital, was founded in 1968 under the name McDonnell Douglas Finance, but the name was thereinafter changed to Boeing Capital in 1997 when Boeing and McDonnell Douglas amalgamated. For purposes of Process Service, legal papers must be addressed to Boeing Capital to prevent any lapses in Process Service propriety. Boeing Capital Corp is regulated by the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission and incorporated in the state of Delaware. Boeing Capital Corp has been thus described as being primarily in the business of finance lessors, including aircraft financing for Boeing customers. In order to help Boeing customers afford to purchase and take delivery of their Boeing products, the company works to make sure that customers have the financing they need.
The subsidiary is renowned for providing financial services across the globe, although it mostly serves its parent company. Boeing Capital was incorporated in the State of Delaware on 1st April 1968 as a general domestic corporation and should not be confused for its parent company for Process Service. For the purposes of Process Service, the entity retains a singular business and mailing address. Additionally, the registered agent for Process Service, Corporation Service Company, is located in Wilmington.
- Alteon is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, particularly interrelated with the Commercial Aviation Services division under Boeing Commercial Airplanes. Alteon has over eighty complete flight simulators as well as other state-of-the-art training equipment located in sites across the globe for the world’s aviation community.
The company was incorporated on 15th September 1999 in Delaware. Consequently, the entity is a General Corporation with the jurisdiction of the State of Delaware itself, since the county of incorporation was New Castle. The company retains Corporation Service Company as a registered agent for Process Service.
- BOEING AEROSPACE OPERATIONS, INC
Boeing Aerospace Operations, Inc. is located in Oklahoma City, OK, and is a major player in the Engineering Services Industry. Boeing Aerospace is registered with the Secretary of State of Oklahoma as a foreign for-profit corporation for purposes of Process Service, incorporated in the state of Delaware.
For Process Service to be valid upon a foreign for-profit corporation, it is necessary to submit an Oklahoma Certificate of Qualification (OCQ) to register a foreign company in Oklahoma. This is often done by submitting this document by mail, fax, in-person, or online. It must be remembered that for a foreign Oklahoma corporation, the Certificate of Qualification is USD 300 to file and comply with Process Service regulations.
- Boeing Distribution Services (previously KLX Aerospace Solutions) is part of Boeing’s Global Services division, which offers an expanding range of aerospace product distribution and services offerings. Boeing Distribution Services (BDS) provides inventory management services to over a million components from thousands of vendors, MRO facilities, and airlines. The organization maintains over sixty-five sites in many countries across the world to serve commercial, corporate, and military aircraft customers.
It must be remembered that for purposes of Process Service, there was no legal entity change of KLX Inc, the renaming of the subsidiary instead merely being a name change. The acquisition of KLX Aerospace Solutions by Boeing, which took place in the fourth quarter of 2018, resulted in the name of the company being changed to Boeing Distribution Services. It remains the duty of the Process Service agent to identify the name of the company accurately, especially if the Process Service is addressed to the Secretary of State. However, Boeing Distribution Services retains Corporation Service Company as its registered agent for Process Service.
[4.0] HOW DOES BOEING DEAL WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRACTIONS
In the space and communications sector, Boeing produces the Delta family of launch vehicles. U.S. space shuttle fleet processing, ground operation, and training are supported by U.S. Space Alliance, a joint venture between Lockheed Martin Corporation and United Space Alliance.
Boeing is also the main contractor for the International Space Station and serves as the American arm of an international space team that is composed of the majority of the U.S. aerospace sector, and also includes hundreds of smaller suppliers.
Among other endeavors, in its work with commercial space providers, Sea Launch is a part of the multinational company Sea Launch Company, which, in turn, is a member of the Teledesic consortium, which set out to build a satellite-based telecommunications service with similar features to the Internet. This firm also produces satellite positioning components for the Navstar Global Positioning System (GPS).
Consequently, copyright and intellectual property are major parts of Boeing’s corporate performance. Notices of claim or any intimation as to unauthorized use of copyrighted information in a way that constitutes copyright infringement can be rectified by addressing Boeing’s copyright agent. Any question of copyright should include specific written information, including [A.] an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; [B.] a description of the copyrighted work that the individual claims have been infringed upon; [C.] description of where the material infringed is located on the Site; [D.] the claimant’s address, telephone number, and e-mail; [E.] a good-faith statement as to the belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and [E.] a statement by the claimant, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in the notice is accurate and that the claimant is the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. For notice of claims of copyright infringement on this site Boeing’s DMCA Designated Agent is to be contacted.
Boeing is one of the world’s biggest aerospace manufacturers and is the largest military contractor in the United States and the second-largest U.S. exporter by dollar value. Boeing is an integral part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and the firm offers both short-term and long-term leasing options and ongoing product support.
For more information on serving legal papers, contact Undisputed Legal our Process Service department at (800) 774-6922. Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8 am – 8 pm EST. If you found this article helpful, please consider donating. Thank you for following our blog, A space dedicated to bringing you news on breaking legal developments, interesting articles for law professionals, and educational material for all. We hope that you enjoy your time on our blog and revisit us! We also invite you to check out our Frequently Asked Questions About Process Servers.
1. This company then purchased the Chance Vought, Avion (which later became Northrop Aircraft), Stearman Aircraft, Sikorsky Aviation, Pratt & Whitney, and Hamilton Metalplane aircraft manufacturing companies
2. Boeing, www.boeing.com/company/general-info/.
3. Philip M. Condit took over as the chairman and CEO of Boeing, while Harry Stonecipher became the president and COO
4. 100 N. Riverside, Chicago, IL (Address of Principal Executive Offices)
5. BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS (805 ILCS 5/) Business Corporation Act of 1983.
6. Query the Lobbying Disclosure Act Database, web.archive.org/web/20101231011939/soprweb.senate.gov/index.cfm?event=chooseFields.
7. • Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA)
• Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS)
o Phantom Works
• Boeing Global Services
• Boeing Capital
• Engineering, Test & Technology
• Boeing Shared Services Group
• Boeing NeXt – explores urban air mobility
8. Gelles, David, et al. ‘Boeing Scrambles to Contain Fallout From Deadly Ethiopia Crash.’ The New York Times, The New York Times, 12 Mar. 2019, www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/business/ethiopian-airline-crash.html.
10. This would also address objects or purposes to be transacted, promoted, or carried on
11. To be located at 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, in the City of Wilmington, County of New Castle
12. The address of the registered agent is 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, in the City of Wilmington
13. In addition to the 737 and 747 wide-body commercial jet aircraft models, there is a family of other commercial jet aircraft types in production that include the 767, 777, and 787, wide-body models. 777X development is still in progress, and as a result, some 737 MAX variants are also being developed.
8th Street & Park Avenue North Renton, WA 98055 United States
16. CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
Address: 251 LITTLE FALLS DRIVE
17. 13575 Commerce Pky Unit 200
Richmond, BC, V6V 2L1
18. Boeing made the purchase final on September 1st, but the financial details of the deal were not revealed
20. 55 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
21. ‘The Boeing Company.’ Jeppesen, ww1.jeppesen.com/main/corporate/company/about/about-Jeppesen/Boeing-service.jsp#:~:text=Boeing%20is%20the%20world’s%20leading,exporters%20in%20terms%20of%20sales.
2260 East Imperial Highway El Segundo, CA 90245 United States
23. Boeing BDS has been reorganized into the following subdivisions as of June 13, 2018:
- Autonomous Systems – Develops and produces autonomous platforms for sea, air, and space domains, including the necessary software for remote piloting and supporting services. The Autonomous Systems portfolio also includes Insitu and Liquid Robotics, two Boeing subsidiaries.
- Development – Enhances performance on key defense and space pre-production development programs by consolidating management, expertise, and resources into one organization.
- Global Operations – Leads Defense, Space & Security’s international subsidiaries (Boeing Defence Australia, Boeing Defence India, Boeing Defense Saudi Arabia, Boeing Defence United Kingdom), seek opportunities for additional global growth.
- Phantom Works – Creates and advances new products and capabilities by drawing on its expertise in innovation, advanced experimentation, and prototyping.
- Space and Missile Systems – The world’s largest satellite manufacturer also offering strategic missile and defense systems, weapons systems, and other space and intelligence systems. The division houses Boeing’s more than 60 years of space exploration expertise and manages Boeing’s share of United Launch Alliance and United Space Alliance.
- Strike, Surveillance and Mobility – Manages Boeing’s current and future portfolio of fixed-wing military and surveillance aircraft, including fighters and commercial derivative platforms, and support of key platforms such as the executive transport fleet, which includes Air Force One.
- Vertical Lift – The world’s largest provider of military rotorcraft with a diverse portfolio of cargo, tiltrotor, and attack platforms.
24. CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
251 LITTLE FALLS DRIVE
County: New Castle
Postal Code: 19808
25. Its products include, among others, the F-15 Eagle, F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet, and AV-8 Harrier fighters; the C-17 Globemaster III airlifter; the AH-64 Apache series of attack helicopters; the CH-47 Chinook transport helicopter; and the AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) aircraft, based on the 767. Boeing contributes to the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor air-superiority stealth fighter and the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit stealth bomber.’
In partnership with Bell Helicopter Textron, it builds the V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft, and, with United Technologies’ Sikorsky division, it made the RAH-66 Comanche armed reconnaissance helicopter. The company also builds the Harpoon anti-ship missile, the air-launched Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM), and the air-launched cruise missile (ALCM).
26. 500 NACHES AVE. 3RD. FLOOR
RENTON WA 98055
27. CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
251 LITTLE FALLS DRIVE
County: New Castle
28. ‘Press Release Lockheed Martin – Alteon Training L.L.C. / The Boeing Company.’ Seale & Associates, www.sealeassociates.com/press-release/press-release-lockheed-martin—alteon-training-l.l.c.-%2F-the-boeing-company.
29. Name: CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
251 LITTLE FALLS DRIVE
6001 S Air Depot Blvd Ste E
Oklahoma City, OK, 73135-5922
3760 W 108TH St Unit 1
Hialeah, FL, 33018-1262
34. Products sold by the business include fasteners, bearings, seals, chemicals, composite raw materials, electrical components, tools, and lights. The services offered include delivering complete vehicle kits, providing in-house bin management solutions, on-site same-day assistance, third- and fourth-party logistics, and inventory management.
35. Vice President and Assistant General Counsel – Boeing Intellectual Property
The Boeing Company
100 N. Riverside
Chicago, IL 60606-1596
36. Phone: 425-237-7389